HELENA – A new version of Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks online Hunt Planner map launched that includes new features and is mobile friendly. The old Hunt Planner, which was built more than 10 years ago, has been discontinued.
Updates to the new Hunt Planner include:
• A cleaner user interface
• A harvest opportunity tool, rather than individual data layers, to display opportunities for species, hunter type and season options
• A lookup tool to view where your hunting license or permit is valid
• A feature to find your location on the map
• Improved help tools and links to other FWP resources
Other features of the Hunt Planner include:
• Customizable map layers, including harvest opportunities for huntable species, land ownership, access program information when available and other options
• Links to hunting regulations
• Export and print a geo-referenced PDF map
• Create a GPX file to upload to your GPS device
• Drawing tools
The Hunt Planner can be found at fwp.mt.gov/gis/maps/huntPlanner. Several resources are available in the Hunt Planner map to help new users become familiar with it, including video tutorials and answers to frequently asked questions.